Developing & Recognising Your Leadership Capability
The model is very simple.
As you go through The Greater Collective experience you will be building evidence of your leadership capability and developing your reflective skills. As the final part of the program, you will submit this evidence and complete a testimony process as part of the Deakin Professional Practice Credential evaluation process.
When this evaluation is completed, you will be awarded a Credential and if you have chosen and satisfied it to Master’s level, you will have completed a part of the Deakin Professional Practice higher education degree in Leadership – either a Graduate Certificate or a Masters*.
Professional practice degrees at DeakinCo
Deakin University is enhancing its educational offering with these innovative Professional Practice degrees to better meet the future world of work. Through a combination of professional practice credentialing and coursework units, students gain a qualification sooner, and at a reduced cost.
- Reflect on your experience and collect your evidence
- Write your reflective testimony
- Undertake a video testimony
- Submission is assessed
- Criterion 1. You monitor global trends and initiate any adjustments to the organisation’s strategic options and opportunities.
- Criterion 2. You scope out and consolidate future plans for the function or organisation.
- Criterion 3. You communicate a compelling vision and sense of the organisation’s future potential to internal and external stakeholders.
- Criterion 4. You lead the successful execution of a strategy that delivers agreed outcomes.
- Criterion 5. You work within and outside the organisation to establish systems and the capability required to optimise strategic outcomes.
Pre –Masters aligned, AQF 8
- Criterion 1. You scan the external environment to identify and prepare the organisation for specific opportunities or challenges.
- Criterion 2. You champion the organisation’s vision and purpose.
- Criterion 3. You contribute to the governance or review of functional results.
- Criterion 4. You create and align work structures, systems and resources to better achieve objectives.
- Criterion 5. You prioritise resource allocation to support planned outcomes, overcome obstacles or respond to new opportunities.
Bachelors Aligned AQF 7
- Criterion 1. You scan the environment to isolate operational priorities and goals that support the organisation’s strategic outcomes.
- Criterion 2. You manage responses to risks, issues and opportunities.
- Criterion 3. You set plans, allocate responsibilities and drive performance to achieve the required operational outcomes or overcome any setbacks.
- Criterion 4. You regularly evaluate progress and initiate adjustment to improve results.
- Criterion 5. You respond in a systematic and considered manner to deal with obstacles and achieve or exceed goals or expectations.